Primary Care Update – Program Information Coming Soon
Feb 12, 2021 – Feb 14, 2021
Whistler Resort - Fairmont Château Whistler
Whistler Blackcomb – the top rated ski resort in North America, voted #1 by SKI Magazine Readers Poll! A winter wonderland like no other, Whistler, British Columbia transforms into an outdoor playground for all ages to enjoy. An abundance of Whistler activities await you whether it be skiing or snowboarding, take hold of the adventure! Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler’s landmark ski-in ski-out hotel, Fairmont Château Whistler defines mountain luxury. Naturally spectacular, Fairmont Château Whistler resort delivers an ideal setting for families. Combining classic elegance and a modern alpine setting, this award-winning Whistler hotel showcases exceptional dining and full resort amenities.
Past Attendees Save $50: Past MCE Conferences attendees (within the previous three years) automatically receive a $50 discount at checkout.
Bring a Friend or Colleague and Save $50: If you are attending with another healthcare professional you are eligible for a $50 discount.
Overview & Agenda
Program information is coming soon!
Note: Content is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the activity website for the most current information.
February 12, 2021
Fairmont Château Whistler
Conference - Day 1
Snacks and Beverages for Registered Attendees
Check-In Opens at 1:30 PM
3:00 PM - 7:20 PM
February 13, 2021
Fairmont Château Whistler
Conference - Day 2
Snacks and Beverages for Registered Attendees
3:00 PM - 7:20 PM
February 14, 2021
Fairmont Château Whistler
Conference - Day 3
Continental Breakfast for Registered Attendees
7:30 AM - 11:20 AM
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education – ACCME
MCE Conferences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MCE Conferences designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Academy of Family Physicians – AAFP
This live activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 12 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to the AMA PRA category 1 credit toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro-M1
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) is the accrediting body for family medicine continuing medical education (CME) in the United States of America. CFPC members who complete any live CME/CPD program accredited by the AAFP for Prescribed credit can claim the equivalent number of Mainpro-M1 credits. Canadian Healthcare professionals in other specialties need to verify with their licensing board the reciprocal credit agreement with the AAFP.
American Osteopathic Association – AOA
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
American Academy of Physician Assistants – AAPA
AAPA accepts Category 1 CME approval from the AAFP.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners – AANP
AAFP Prescribed Credits are accepted by the AANP.
American Nurses Credentialing Center – ANCC
According to the ANCC, the continuing education hours approved by the AAFP meet the ANCC-accredited CNE criteria.
This course is being reviewed and will be acceptable for up to 12 CE credits; please verify with your Medical Board which hours may be applied toward Pharmacology credit.
Lodging Reservations – To make your lodging reservation, please Click Here. contact our office at 888-533-9031 or 858-566-1500.
Please note: Room categories are based on availability at the time of request
Accommodations and Amenities – The luxurious 528-room Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort is located at the base of Blackcomb Mountain in Whistler, British Columbia. Tastefully designed luxury Whistler accommodations with spectacular mountain or village views were created to blend with the natural alpine setting.
- Fairmont Room – $429 Per Room Per Night CAD (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) Bedding Options: One King or Two Queens beds. Enjoy your elegant surroundings in these spacious Fairmont guest rooms which feature a cozy sitting area and a fully equipped work station. These guest rooms offer all the amenities needed for a relaxing resort getaway: Air conditioning with individual control, High Speed Internet Access, iHome docking station with built-in alarm clock, Kuerig coffee maker and kettle for in-room coffee and tea, Television with video check-out and ‘On-Command’ movie system (movie charges apply), Deluxe toiletries, Down filled duvets, Thick cotton bathrobes, Thick cotton bathrobes, In-room safe.
Additional Room Categories – Group rates for other room categories are based on availability at time of booking.
- Deluxe View Room – $479 CAD (Plus Taxes and Fees)
- Deluxe Slopeside Room – $519 CAD (Plus Taxes and Fees)
- Junior Suite – $829 CAD (Plus Taxes and Fees)
- Junior Valley View Suite – $829 CAD (Plus Taxes and Fees)
- Alpine Suite – $909.00 CAD (Plus Taxes and Fees)
Additional Lodging Information
- Taxes: Room rates are subject to a 11% Provincial Hotel Room Tax, and a 5% Federal Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Additional Adult Charge: Guest room rates are quoted as single or double occupancy. The charge for additional guests beyond double occupancy is $30.00 plus applicable tax per guest per night for adults 18 years and older.
- Occupancy: Maximum room occupancy is (4) guests.
- Check-in/Check-out times: Check-in is at 4:00 PM and check-out is at 11:00 AM
- Housekeeping Service Charge: There is a daily service charge for Housekeeping services, currently $4.00 CAD per room plus applicable taxes.
- Please note, all rates are in Canadian Dollars.
Addition Resort Fee – Please not that there is an addition mandatory daily resort fee of $15.00 CAD per room, plus applicable taxes (not included in the above rates) to cover the following:
Fairmont Health Club access with use of fully equipped fitness center and weight room, Indoor/outdoor leisure pool, lap pool with underwater music, and four hot tubs, sauna and steam rooms, scheduled yoga classes, aqua fitness classes, valet service for your skis, Whistler Village shuttle service, Fairmont BMW hotel car service, unlimited Business internet access in your guest rooms, meeting room and resort public areas, PressReader online access to international newspapers and magazines, local and toll free calls from your guest room, guided excursions with Fairmont’s Whistler Experience Guide.
Hotel Parking – Parking is provided for registered guests at the rate of $37 CAD inclusive of taxes, per night. Valet services is also available at a rate of $45 CAD inclusive of taxes, per night. Attendees staying offsite will be charged at the same rate as registered hotel guests for parking at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Lodging Deposit – A Credit Card is used at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. The Full Balance will be charged 14 days prior to arrival, at which point the payment will be Non-Refundable.
Lodging Cancellations – Terms and conditions as per MCE’s room allotment agreement with conference lodging venue:
- Cancellation made 31 days or more prior to arrival: A full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refunds will be issued.
- No-shows and early departures are considered a cancellation: No refunds will be issued.
All lodging cancellations must be made directly with the lodging venue. Please refer to your lodging confirmation for contact information and policies.
Register & Book Your Lodging Early! The MCE reduced room rates will be available to registered attendees up until January 6, 2021 (based on availability). Our allotment for reduced room rates may sell out before this date. We urge you to secure your lodging reservation as early as possible. Reduced rates will also be offered 3 nights pre and post program dates (based on availability).
Room Reservation Guidelines – The lodging reservation link has been created for the MCE Conference continuing medical education program, and only guests that are registered for this CME conference are eligible to use this site in order to access discounted rooms and/or theme park tickets (if applicable).
- Attendees must register within (7) seven days of booking MCE discounted lodging to avoid cancellations or increased nightly rates (depending on Hotel/Resort policy).
- We allow a maximum of 2 room reservations per registered attendee, based on availability and rates at the time of booking.
- Rooms and/or tickets (if applicable) cannot be purchased for the purpose of, or with the intention of being resold.
- All reservations must be made under the registered attendee’s’ name, as all reservations and ticket orders (if applicable) will be audited against the CME program registration list. Should it be necessary, we reserve the right to contact you to request proof of registration. If it is discovered that the reservation and/or ticket order is not for an MCE Conferences participant, the reservations and/or ticket order may be cancelled or modified based on the Hotel/Resort policy, and deposits may not be eligible for a refund.
Please note: In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference.
Additional Travel Information
Airport Information – The Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is located approximately 83 miles (134 km) from the Fairmont Chateau Whistler.
Airport Transfer: YVR Whistler SkyLynx connects travelers from Vancouver International Airport to Whistler along the sea to sky corridor.
For information about YVR Whistler SkyLynx fares and scheduling, please call 1-800-661-1725 (North America) or 1-604-662-7575 (Local). Tickets can also be purchased at the Whistler/SkyLynx bus counter of Pacific Coach located in International Terminal, Arrivals Level 2.
Groundlink Private Car Service – Conference attendees will receive a 15% discount on airport transfer fares when they Click Here and enter the Promo Code: MCEREBATE when booking online, using the mobile app, or calling 877-546-6903. Please Note: In order to receive 15% off both portions of your Groundlink trip, guests will need to book each way separately.
Car Rental – To make your discounted car rental reservation, please click on the following links:
(please note: car rental company availability may differ based on airport/ destination)
- AVIS – Click Here and enter G028287 in the “AWD Number” box to receive the Group Discount.
- Budget – Click Here
- Enterprise – Click Here and enter XZB6145 to receive the MCE Conferences Group Discount.
- Hertz – Click Here and check the “Enter a Discount or Promo Code” and “I am a Corporate Customer” boxes. Enter 2086989 in the “Discount/CDP/Club Code” box to receive the Group Discount.
- National – Click Here and enter XZB6145 under Contract ID to receive Group Discount.
Discounted Lift Tickets, Equipment Rentals and Snow School Programs – To book discounted lift tickets, please check back here soon! Once you’re at the resort, there will not be an onsite discount option so be sure to book EARLY!
Special Assistance – MCE’s policy is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special arrangements are necessary for an individual with a disability to attend a conference, please contact our office at 1-888-533-9031.
Please Note: MCE is not associated with the third party services listed herein and shall not be liable for any services of such third party providers.
Other Upcoming Conferences
What Are You Waiting For?
Register Early! In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference. Some conferences may have a lower registration limit due to the destination logistics and lodging availability.