Featured CME ConferencesView all CME conferences
Dermatology for Primary Care
This program will provide practical, evidence-based strategies to strengthen healthcare competencies with Dermatology common and important medical conditions encountered in primary care. Expert faculty will explain recent advances, discuss emerging treatments and address compelling issues. Live CME Oct 14-16, 2016 in Austin, Texas.
Pharmacology and Geriatrics
This activity is designed to improve competence in the diagnosis,Pharmacology and Geriatrics treatment and general management of patients in the primary care setting. It will provide practitioners with evidence-based methods and strategies to assist in providing better treatment options for patients. Live CME Oct 7-9, 2016 in Santa Fe, NM.
Cardiology For Primary Care
The goal of the conference is to address identified clinical challenges, to update practitioners on the latest advances and best practices in cardiac care, and to assist practitioners in developing strategies to apply this knowledge to the diagnosis, treatment and/or referral of patients with Cardiovascular Disease. CME Conference Nov 4-6, Montego Bay, Jamaica.
About MCE Conferences
MCE Conference's Continuing Medical Education programs are designed for the healthcare professionals who would like to combine family vacation time with quality Medical Conferences. MCE Conferences CME destinations provide the solutions for our fast pace lifestyle.
Healthcare professionals and their families can get a quality vacation in various medical meetings destinations at a great price. There are a variety of activities available for everyone, including supervised children's programs. What a great way to combine quality family time and travel with quality medical seminars.
We are sure that you will not find a better way to have fun, while attending a continuing medical education conference.
Healthcare professionals from all over the world including the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Dubai and India attend our medical CME conferences.
Travel CME News You Can Use
MCE Conferences proactively solicits feedback from CME program attendees. Our goal is to ensure that every conference provides an exceptional experience for our participants and their families. Over the last couple of years, we received requests from attendees to organize CME seminars in Europe or on cruise ships. While we have considered the allure that offering such destinations can have, we believe that part of the premium service we provide includes the peace of mind that comes with avoiding raising red flags with the IRS.
Healthcare providers could be in for a surprise when seeking to deduct expenses for continuing medical education seminars, medical conventions and meetings being held outside the North American Area. The IRS has specific requirements when it comes to attending continuing medical education conferences in these locations and, while there are many courses offered in such places, not all CME seminars are created equally.
To ensure against sending the IRS an unnecessary red flag saying, "audit me," take a moment to check your answers to some of the most common questions posed by the IRS. Below is a brief but effective checklist:
1) Does the CME seminar being held outside the North American area meet the "Reasonableness Test?" The IRS will take into account the following factors to determine whether the continuing medical education seminar you chose meets its criteria for reasonableness:
- The purpose of the meeting and its activities
- The purpose of the sponsoring organization or group and its activities
- The homes of the sponsoring organizations' active members, along with the places at which other meetings they provide have been held or will be held
- Other factors you believe to be relevant
2) Is the CME seminar or other medical event being held on a cruise ship? All ships that sail are considered cruise ships. The IRS will allow a deduction of expenses up to $2,000 per year for attending conventions or similar events on cruise ships, provided they meet the following requirements:
- It must be directly related to your trade or business
- All ports of call are located in the United States or in its possessions
- The vessel itself must be registered in the U.S.
- A written attachment to your tax return that is signed by you that identifies the total number of days of the trip (not including days of transportation to/from the cruise ship port), a program identifying the scheduled business activities of the meeting, seminar, or convention, along with the number of hours each day that you devoted to them.
- A written attachment to your tax return that is signed by an officer of the organization or group that sponsored the meeting that verifies the business activities of each day of the meeting and the number of hours you attended those scheduled activities.
Once you are sure these requirements are met, be certain that you also satisfy the IRS's more general rules for deducting expenses related to business trips outside the United States North American Area. For more information CLICK HERE
MCE Conferences looks forward to answering any questions you may have and continuing to provide primary care healthcare professionals with the highest standards in continuing medical education programs at beautiful family-friendly destinations in the North American Area.
The North American Area includes the following locations CLICK HERE
“This program had awesome and engaging speakers that were very knowledgeable and open to questions. Thank you MCE for putting together another excellent program and for choosing a terrific venue for learning.”
Joseph Ceriscoe, MD
“MCE Conferences really knows how to put a CME conference together! The staff is always super, the topics are well-selected, and the speakers are very effective. The speakers’ presentations at this conference were organized, concise, and devoid of useless factoids or intros. This is my second MCE conference, and I will definitely be attending more!”
Rhonda Grey, FNP-C
“The program that I attended with MCE Conferences was the model of a perfect conference. It had great speakers, great content, and was held at an amazing location. I contacted MCE by phone a few times, and each time the staff was courteous and prompt in answering my questions and taking care of all my conference arrangements.”
Gregory McCormack, DO