Cardiology and Emergency Medicine for Primary Care
Feb 18, 2022 – Feb 20, 2022
Walt Disney World - Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining, and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Walt Disney World® Resort KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
As you prepare to visit, please know there have been impacts to Resort Benefits and amenities and some offerings may be temporarily unavailable. And though some of the experiences have changed, the magic will always be there. For the latest details on Resorts, Theme Parks, and other offerings, please CLICK HERE.
Things To Do Before You Arrive:
- Review Disney’s Health Acknowledgement Checklist HERE.
- Create a My Disney Experience HERE. See app details on the following page. The My Disney Experience app allows for contactless check-in and other great features.
- Check-in Online: To limit physical contact during your stay, it is important to use online check-in and enjoy the ease of going direct to your room upon arrival. Visit your My Disney Experience account to link your resort reservation and set up online check-in.
Health & Safety:
- At Walt Disney World Resort, important updates have been implemented to promote health and safety for Guests and Cast Members. Below are the top things to know as you prepare to visit. You can also check for the latest updates and details HERE.
- Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members.
- Temperature screenings are required for entry to some locations. Before you leave home, be sure to check the temperatures of everyone in your party – including yourself – as an extra precaution.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place throughout the Resort.
- You will receive a waiver from Disney that will need to be signed and returned to Disney prior to your arrival.
My Disney Experience App Is Your Key to It All:
To stay up-to-date during your visit, it is important to download and set up the My Disney Experience app on your phone. This multifunction app offers a variety of tools designed to make your stay easier. You’ll use it to minimize physical contact during your visit and enjoy the ease of services such as:
- Contactless Resort Check-in with Direct-to-Room Service: Bypass the front desk and head straight to your guest room using the Online Check-In feature. Your smartphone can be used as your room key!
- Mobile Order Service for Dining: A time-saving feature of the My Disney Experience app, mobile order service enables you to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Scannable Codes for Select Restaurant Menus: While at a table-service restaurant, you can scan a code to access the digital menu.
- Dining Experiences: For current dining options, please CLICK HERE. Prior to your visit, please check that your home address is current on your My Disney Experience account. For more details, CLICK HERE.
Park Reservations – Disney Park Pass System:
To help manage the Park’s capacity, Disney is introducing Disney Park Pass service, a new Theme Park reservation system. In order to make your Theme Park reservations, you will need a My Disney Experiences account and valid Theme Park admission linked to it. Then, simply log into your account and select the dates and Theme Parks you wish to visit. To enter a Theme Park, both a reservation and valid admission for the same Park on the same date are required. Please note that reservations are limited in capacity, subject to availability, and are not guaranteed until confirmed. To learn more, CLICK HERE.
Theme Park Tickets:
You’ll need tickets before you can make Theme Park reservations, which are limited and available on a first-come-first-served basis, LINK COMING SOON. A Resort reservation does not guarantee Theme Park access. If an online ticket store has been created for your event, it is available via a link on the event website. Otherwise, please contact your Meeting/Group planner for details. Alternatively, you can purchase special meeting and convention Theme Park admission by calling the Walt Disney World Resort Group Ticket team at 407-566-5600.
***This information is being updated on an ongoing basis. Please CLICK HERE for the most up-to-date information from the Walt Disney World Resort.
(Find additional theme park information, conference attendee discounts, and ticket purchase links in the Additional Travel Information section below)
Past Attendees Save $50: Past MCE Conferences attendees (within the previous three years) automatically receive a $50 discount at checkout.
Bring a Friend or Colleague and Save $50: If you are attending with another healthcare professional you are eligible for a $50 discount.
Overview & Agenda
Cardiology and Emergency Medicine for Primary Care – 12 Credits
This conference is designed to provide primary care practitioners with up-to-date, evidence-based information on commonly encountered issues in Cardiology and Emergency Medicine, while suggesting pragmatic approaches to clinical management. The discussion-based format of the conference will encourage audience participation through dynamic lectures, case-based studies, and hands-on workshops. Keynote speakers will present and critically assess recent advancements and industry updates in Cardiology and Emergency Medicine, with the goal of enhancing the knowledge-base and core competence of attendees. The successful completion of this interactive program diagnosing, treating, and prescribing the most effective courses of treatment, with the goal of improving patient outcomes.
All Physicians and other Healthcare Professionals seeking clinical information about issues in Cardiology and Emergency Medicine in Primary Care.
Our presenting national faculty speakers make it their professional goals to enhance the training of primary care clinicians. This Continuing Medical Education program promises to help you learn the most current, best medicine, and techniques for making the diagnosis easier during a 20-minute office visit.
Topics and Objectives
Aortic Stenosis: An Old Disease with New Treatment Options
Objectives: 1) Understand the basic pathophysiology of AS 2) Understand the newer concepts in timing of valve replacement, role of stress testing, and biomarkers 3) Transcatheter aortic valve intervention – how is it done, how does it compare with surgical AVR, and whom to refer
Atrial Fibrillation: Practical Management, Monitoring, and Anticoagulation Options
Objectives: 1) Understand the risk of thromboembolism in AF 2) Understand the importance of detecting asymptomatic AF in patients with stroke 3) Understand what to do with device-detected AF 4) Understand new anticoagulants
Diabetes and CAD: The Sweet and the Sour
Objectives: 1) Understand the clinical intersection of diabetes and CVD 2) Determine the impact of established and new therapies for diabetes in cardiovascular risk
Objectives: 1) Review the etiology of pulmonary hypertension in adults 2) Differentiate between precapillary and postcapillary pulmonary hypertension 3) Discuss diagnosis and new medical therapies for pulmonary hypertension 4) Determine appropriate surgical treatment for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
Office Management of Heart Failure: Focus on the Geriatric Population
Objectives: 1) Understand the specific diagnosis of CHF in the elderly 2) Understand the common causes of CHF exacerbation in geriatric populations 3) Understand the lifestyle modification and drug therapy of CHF with emphasis on the elderly
Objectives: 1) Understand the basic pathophysiology of MR 2) Review the timing of mitral valve surgical intervention – when to treat an asymptomatic patient with severe MR 3) Discuss emerging catheter-based therapies for MR
Deadly Headache Disorders You Can’t Miss!
Objectives: 1) Discuss the clinical presentation of select deadly headache disorders, including carbon monoxide, subarachnoid hemorrhage, subdural hemorrhage, and meningitis 2) Identify pitfalls in the diagnosis of select headache disorders 3) Describe current evidence-based treatment of catastrophic causes of headache
Orthopedic Emergencies for the Primary Care Physician
Objectives: 1) Identify pitfalls in the diagnosis of patients with a septic joint 2) List critical features from the history and physical exam in patients with compartment syndrome 3) Discuss the latest evidence-based treatment of patients presenting with “fight bite” and high-pressure injection injuries
Modern Management of Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
Objectives: 1) Identify the signs and symptoms of mild traumatic brain injury 2) Discuss the management of patients with mild traumatic brain injury 3) List the indications for return to work or school for patients with traumatic brain injury
Catastrophic Causes of Neck and Back Pain
Objectives: 1) Identify concerning features from the history and physical exam in patients with a life-threatening cause of neck and/or back pain 2) Discuss pitfalls in the diagnosis of patients with vertebral artery dissection 3) Discuss pitfalls in the diagnosis of spinal epidural abscesses 4) State the indications for emergent imaging in patients presenting with acute neck and/or back pain
The Eyes Don’t See What the Mind Doesn’t Know!
Objectives: 1) Identify patients at risk for elder abuse and neglect 2) Describe useful screening tools in the recognition of elder abuse 3) List resources for patients and families who are victims of elder abuse
How to Kill with Just Your Prescription Pad: Dangerous Drug Combinations!
Objectives: 1) Recognize commonly encountered deadly drug combinations 2) Highlight the dangerous nature of some commonly utilized medications
Note: Content is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the activity website for the most current information.
February 18, 2022
BoardWalk Inn Conference Center
Conference - Day 1
Continental Breakfast for Registered Attendees
Check-In Opens at 7:00 AM
7:30 AM - 11:50 AM
February 19, 2022
BoardWalk Inn Conference Center
Conference - Day 2
Breakfast for Registered Attendees
7:30 AM - 11:50 AM
February 20, 2022
BoardWalk Inn Conference Center
Conference - Day 3
Breakfast for Registered Attendees
7:30 AM - 11:50 AM
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education – ACCME
MCE Conferences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MCE Conferences designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Recognition
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 12 (part II) MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians – AAFP
This live activity is being reviewed and will be acceptable for up to 12 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to the AMA PRA Category 1 credit toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro-M1
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) is the accrediting body for family medicine continuing medical education (CME) in the United States of America. CFPC members who complete any live CME/CPD program accredited by the AAFP for Prescribed credit can claim the equivalent number of Mainpro-M1 credits. Canadian
American Osteopathic Association – AOA
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
American Academy of Physician Assistants – AAPA
AAPA accepts Category 1 CME approval from the AAFP.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners – AANP
AAFP Prescribed Credits are accepted by the AANP.
American Nurses Credentialing Center – ANCC
According to the ANCC, the continuing education hours approved by the AAFP meet the ANCC-accredited CNE criteria.
This course is being reviewed and will be acceptable for up to 12 CE credits; please verify with your Medical Board which hours may be applied toward Pharmacology credit.
Please note: Room categories are based on availability at the time of request.
Accommodations and Amenities – Experience the charm and whimsy of turn-of-the-century Atlantic City at this waterfront Resort hotel. Make a splash at Luna Park Pool and delight in a massage at the state-of-the-art fitness center. Discover carnival games, unique dining, and exciting nightlife on the Coney Island-style boardwalk. Strung like saltwater taffy along the shimmering Crescent Lake, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is located within walking distance to both Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Amenities include 24-hour room service, high-speed Internet access, Satellite TV (includes Disney programming), Health Club Admission, Newspaper delivery, Coffeemaker, Refrigerator, Hairdryer, Iron and ironing board, Pack ‘n Play play yard (full-size crib is available upon request), In-room wall safe, Robes, and Laundry facilities/services, nighttime water parade, and access to the pools. Note: Rooms are Non-Smoking. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available.
- Standard Rooms – $389 Per Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) Standard Rooms offer views of the Courtyard, Leisure Pool area. (View-based upon availability at time of check-in). Choose between 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed or 2 Queen Beds or 1 King Bed and 1 Day Bed or 1 King Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa Maximum Occupancy in the room is 5 Adults.
Additional Lodging Information –
- Taxes: The Group Room Rates are subject to applicable sales and resort taxes, currently 12½%. There will be no mandatory resort or other fee levied on the sleeping rooms in addition to the Group Room Rate plus applicable taxes (unless required by law).
- Additional Adult Charge: Guest room rates are quoted as single or double occupancy. The charge for additional guests beyond double occupancy is $35.00 plus applicable tax per guest per night for adults 18 years and older.
- Occupancy: Maximum room occupancy is (5) guests.
Hotel Parking – Standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax and are subject to change.
- Current Self-parking rates are $25 per night. Current Valet parking rates are also available for $33 per night.
- Complimentary Self-parking will be provided during the hours of the meeting for all local and offsite MCE Attendees.
Lodging Deposit – A Deposit of 1 Night + Tax is due at the time of booking. Balance is due to the resort upon arrival.
Lodging Cancellations – Terms and conditions as per MCE’s room allotment agreement with conference lodging venue:
- Cancellation made 31 days or more prior to arrival: A full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refunds will be issued.
- No-shows and early departures are considered a cancellation: No refunds will be issued.
All lodging cancellations must be made directly with the lodging venue. Please refer to your lodging confirmation for contact information and policies.
Register & Book Your Lodging Early! The MCE reduced room rates will be available to registered attendees up until January 18, 2022 (based on availability). Our allotment for reduced room rates may sell out before this date. We urge you to secure your lodging reservation as early as possible. Reduced rates will also be offered for 3 nights pre and post-program dates (based on availability).
Room Reservation Guidelines – The lodging reservation link has been created for the MCE Conference continuing medical education program, and only guests that are registered for this CME conference are eligible to use this site in order to access discounted rooms and/or theme park tickets (if applicable).
- Attendees must register within (7) seven days of booking MCE discounted lodging to avoid cancellations or increased nightly rates (depending on Hotel/Resort policy).
- We allow a maximum of 2 room reservations per registered attendee, based on availability and rates at the time of booking.
- Rooms and/or tickets (if applicable) cannot be purchased for the purpose of, or with the intention of being resold.
- All reservations must be made under the registered attendee’s name, as all reservations and ticket orders (if applicable) will be audited against the CME program registration list. Should it be necessary, we reserve the right to contact you to request proof of registration. If it is discovered that the reservation and/or ticket order is not for an MCE Conferences participant, the reservations and/or ticket order may be canceled or modified based on the Hotel/Resort policy, and deposits may not be eligible for a refund.
Please note: In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the number of registrations per conference.
Additional Travel Information
Airport Information – The Orlando International Airport (MCO) is located approximately 20 miles (about 30 minutes) from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Taxi Fare – Estimated fare is approximately $47 each way.
Mears Transportation – Orlando’s Transportation Professionals since 1939. For more information or to book a reservation with Mears Transportation, please Click Here or call 407-422-2222.
Shuttlefare – For more information or to book a reservation with Shuttlefare, please Click Here or call 877-300-4826.
Car Rental – To make your discounted car rental reservation, please click on the following links:
(please note: car rental company availability may differ based on airport/ destination)
- AVIS – Click Here and enter G028287 in the “AWD Number” box to receive the Group Discount.
- Budget – Click Here
- Enterprise – Click Here and enter XZB6145 to receive the MCE Conferences Group Discount.
- Hertz – Click Here and check the “Enter a Discount or Promo Code” and “I am a Corporate Customer” boxes. Enter 2086989 in the “Discount/CDP/Club Code” box to receive the Group Discount.
- National – Click Here and enter XZB6145 under Contract ID to receive Group Discount.
Disney Park Tickets and More! – To purchase specially-priced Disneyworld® Resort Theme Park tickets, please visit back. These special tickets are not available once you arrive at the Resort. Don’t delay! Prices are subject to change without notice.
My Disney Experience – To make the most of your upcoming Walt Disney World® Resort visit, let My Disney Experience be your guide to innovative online and mobile tools to help plan and share your upcoming visit. It gives you unprecedented control of your experience, making it easy to save time and enjoy your trip with friends, family and colleagues. After purchasing your special Meeting/Convention Theme Park tickets, please Click Here.
Special Assistance – MCE’s policy is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special arrangements are necessary for an individual with a disability to attend a conference, please contact our office at 1-888-533-9031.
Please Note: MCE is not associated with the third party services listed herein and shall not be liable for any services of such third party providers.
Other Upcoming Conferences
What Are You Waiting For?
Register Early! In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference. Some conferences may have a lower registration limit due to the destination logistics and lodging availability.