MODIFIED TO LIVE STREAMING FORMAT: Primary Care Update: Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology & Psychiatry
Oct 09, 2020 – Oct 11, 2020
Asheville - Omni Grove Park Inn
Important Update: This program has been reformatted to a live stream virtual CME course now covering Primary Care Update: Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology & Psychiatry – Oct 9 to Oct 11, 2020 from 5:00 AM – 9:20 AM PT (8:00 AM – 12:20 PM ET). This online live stream CME activity will be acceptable for up to 12 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. MCE will no longer be hosting an in person conference at The Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC. For additional assistance, please contact MCE Conferences by email at email@example.com.
For more details or to Register for the converted course visit the following link:
Important Lodging Information: The Omni Grove Park Inn has confirmed all reservations booked within the MCE Conferences room block have been canceled due to the removal of the in-person event. If you still wish to travel to the destination the hotel has agreed to assist MCE attendees with reinstating all reservations at the previously booked rate. Please contact MCE Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org or the resort directly at (828) 252-2711 for assistance with reinstating your reservation.
Past Attendees Save $50: Past MCE Conferences attendees (within the previous three years) automatically receive a $50 discount at checkout.
Bring a Friend or Colleague and Save $50: If you are attending with another healthcare professional you are eligible for a $50 discount.
Overview & Agenda
Rheumatology and Endocrinology for Primary Care
This conference is designed to provide primary care clinicians with up-to-date, evidence-based information on commonly encountered issues in Rheumatology and Endocrinology for Primary Care, while suggesting pragmatic approaches to clinical management. The discussion-based format of the conference will encourage audience participation through dynamic lectures, case-based studies, and hands-on workshops. Keynote speakers will present and critically assess recent advancements and industry updates in Rheumatology and Endocrinology with the goal of enhancing the knowledge-base and core competence of attendees. The successful completion of this interactive program diagnosing, treating, and prescribing the most effective courses of treatment, with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes.
All Physicians and other Healthcare Professionals seeking clinical information about Rheumatology and Endocrinology.
Our presenting national faculty speakers make it their professional goals to enhance the training of primary care clinicians. This Continuing Medical Education program promises to help you learn the most current, best medicine, and techniques for making the diagnosis easier and quicker during a 20-minute office visit.
Topics and Objectives
Clinical and Laboratory Approach to Rheumatic Diseases
Objectives: 1) Construct an approach to the evaluation of patients with Rheumatic diseases 2) Differentiate several patterns that allow for clinical diagnosis of Rheumatic diseases 3) Determine the use and limitations of laboratory testing in Rheumatic diseases
Rheumatoid Arthritis: Clinical Manifestations and Treatment
Objectives: 1) Discuss the articular and extraarticular manifestations of Rheumatoid Arthritis 2) Discuss the use of NSAIDs and steroids in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis 3) Summarize the use and toxicities of DMARDs and Biologic agents as recommended by the American College of Rheumatology guidelines.
Objectives: 1) Apply principles from the American College of Rheumatology guidelines in the diagnosis and treatment of gout 2) State the goal uric acid level recommended by the ACR guidelines 3) List the 5 clinical manifestations of CPPD disease
Objectives: 1) Identify patients who are at risk for osteoporosis and should be evaluated with bone density testing as recommended by the International Society of Clinical Densitometry and National Osteoporosis Foundation guidelines 2) Discuss the various indications for treatment with a pharmacologic agents 3) Recommend the various nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic treatments for osteoporosis as recommended by the National Osteoporosis Foundation guidelines
Systemic Lupus and other Connective Tissue Diseases
Objectives: 1) Discuss the clinical manifestations of Systemic Lupus 2) Discuss the clinical manifestations of Systemic Sclerosis 3) Discuss the clinical manifestations of Inflammatory Myositis
Rheumatology Potpourri Cases
Objectives: 1) Describe clinical manifestations of some common Rheumatic diseases 2) Recognize some extra-articular findings of common Rheumatic diseases 3) Use the principles from the first lecture to assist in the diagnosis
Approach to Diagnosis and Management of Type 2 Diabetes
Objectives: 1) Review epidemiology and pathogenesis of Type 2 diabetes 2) Distinguish between presentation of Type 1 vs Type 2 Diabetes 3) Understand therapeutic approaches to Type 2 Diabetes targeting pathophysiology
Approach to Abnormal Thyroid Function Tests and Imaging
Objectives: 1) Learn how to identify and manage cases of hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism 2) Understand the approach to management of thyroid nodule
Workup and Treatment of Hypercalcemia Including Primary Hyperparathyroidism
Objectives: 1) Understand the workup of PTH and Non- PTH mediated causes of hypercalcemia 2) Review the indications for parathyroid surgery 3) Understand unusual causes of hypercalcemia
Approach to the Endocrine Incidentaloma
Objectives: 1) Understand the approach and follow-up of adrenal mass 2) Understand the approach to a pituitary mass
Hypogonadism- Fact or Fiction?
Objectives: 1) Learn how to identify cases of testosterone deficiency 2) Review the workup of hypogonadism 2) Review treatment options for hypogonadism
Present Your Difficult Endocrine Cases
Objectives: 1) Understand Approaches to Difficult Case presentations in Endocrinology 2) Use Endocrine Physiology to diagnose and manage difficult rare presentations of endocrine disease
Note: Content is subject to change without notice. Please refer to the activity website for the most current information.
October 9, 2020
Conference - Day 1
October 10, 2020
Conference - Day 2
October 11, 2020
Conference - Day 3
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education – ACCME
MCE Conferences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MCE Conferences designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
American Academy of Family Physicians – AAFP
This live activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 12 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to the AMA PRA category 1 credit toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro-M1
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) is the accrediting body for family medicine continuing medical education (CME) in the United States of America. CFPC members who complete any live CME/CPD program accredited by the AAFP for Prescribed credit can claim the equivalent number of Mainpro-M1 credits. Canadian Healthcare professionals in other specialties need to verify with their licensing board the reciprocal credit agreement with the AAFP.
American Osteopathic Association – AOA
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
American Academy of Physician Assistants – AAPA
AAPA accepts Category 1 CME approval from the AAFP.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners – AANP
AAFP Prescribed Credits are accepted by the AANP.
American Nurses Credentialing Center – ANCC
According to the ANCC, the continuing education hours approved by the AAFP meet the ANCC-accredited CNE criteria.
This course is being reviewed and will be acceptable for up to 12 CE credits; please verify with your Medical Board which hours may be applied toward Pharmacology credit.
Lodging Reservations – To make your lodging reservation, please Click Here. If you need assistance, please contact our office at 888-533-9031 or 858-566-1500.
Please note: Room categories are based on availability at the time of request.
Accommodations and Amenities – The Omni Grove Park Inn & Spa offers an 18-hole Donald Ross Designed championship golf course, 43,000-square-foot subterranean spa, multiple casual and formal restaurants with a wide array of cuisine, three indoor and three outdoor tennis courts, sports complex featuring racquetball, yoga, aerobics and health and wellness programs, on-property shuttle service, valet and garage parking, WiFi internet service, refrigerator, and HD flat-screen TV.
- Deluxe Resort View – $379 Per Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) – Located in the historic Main Inn, these rooms overlook the resort’s landscaping and feature one king or two double beds. Approximately 300-350 square feet.
- Bedding Options: One King or Two Double Beds
- Deluxe Mountain View – $405 Per Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) -Located in the historic Main Inn, enjoy views of Asheville’s skyline, our Donald Ross-designed golf course and the Blue Ridge Mountains. These rooms feature one king or two double beds. Approximately 300-350 square feet.
- Bedding Options: One King or Two Double Beds
- Premium Resort View Guest Room – $435 Per Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) – These rooms are located in either the Vanderbilt Wing or Sammons Wing overlooking The Spa gardens or our resort’s landscaping. Enjoy a room that creates the same historic experience with a modern twist and features one king, two queen or two double beds. Approximately 300-350 square feet.
- Bedding Options: One King Bed, Two Queen Beds or Two Double Beds
Taxes and Resort Fees
– Room rates are subject to applicable taxes and fees, currently 13% and are subject to change without notice.
– Resort Fee: $15 per room per night which includes: Toll free and local calling, in room high speed internet access, entrance to our fitness center, in room coffee and tea, guided history tour of the Omni Grove Park Inn and newspaper available upon request.
Additional Lodging Information –
- Check-in and Check-out: Check-in is after 4:00 PM and Check-out is before 11:00 AM
- Additional Guests (Ages 18 and Up): There will be a charge of $40 each for third and fourth persons sharing a room.
- Photo ID is required upon check-in. Individuals 17 years old and younger are considered children.
- Guests of the Spa must be at least 18 years of age, no exceptions.
- Self-parking is $15 per vehicle, per night.
- Valet parking is $22 per vehicle, per night.
- Attendees driving onsite solely for the conference will be offered a discounted parking rate of $10 per day for the 5 hour duration of the conference.
Lodging Deposit – Deposit of 1 Night + Tax is due at the time of booking. Balance is due to the resort upon arrival.
Lodging Cancellations – Terms and conditions as per MCE’s room allotment agreement with conference lodging venue:
- Cancellation made 31 days or more prior to arrival: A full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refunds will be issued.
- No-shows and early departures are considered a cancellation: No refunds will be issued.
All lodging cancellations must be made directly with the lodging venue. Please refer to your lodging confirmation for contact information and policies.
Register & Book Your Lodging Early! The MCE reduced room rates will be available to registered attendees up until September 1, 2020 (based on availability). Our allotment for reduced room rates may sell out before this date. We urge you to secure your lodging reservation as early as possible. Reduced rates will also be offered 3 nights pre and post program dates (based on availability).
Room Reservation Guidelines – The lodging reservation link has been created for the MCE Conference continuing medical education program, and only guests that are registered for this CME conference are eligible to use this site in order to access discounted rooms and/or theme park tickets (if applicable).
- Attendees must register within (7) seven days of booking MCE discounted lodging to avoid cancellations or increased nightly rates (depending on Hotel/Resort policy).
- We allow a maximum of 2 room reservations per registered attendee, based on availability and rates at the time of booking.
- Rooms and/or tickets (if applicable) cannot be purchased for the purpose of, or with the intention of being resold.
- All reservations must be made under the registered attendee’s’ name, as all reservations and ticket orders (if applicable) will be audited against the CME program registration list. Should it be necessary, we reserve the right to contact you to request proof of registration. If it is discovered that the reservation and/or ticket order is not for an MCE Conferences participant, the reservations and/or ticket order may be cancelled or modified based on the Hotel/Resort policy, and deposits may not be eligible for a refund.
Please note: In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference.
Additional Travel Information
Airport Information – Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) is approximately 20 minutes away from The Omni Grove Park Inn.
Airport Transportation – Taxi and Car Service: MCE Conferences recommends taking a taxi or a ride-share service such as Lyft or Uber to get from the airport to your hotel. Follow signs at the airport for ground transportation and taxi service. For more information or to book a taxi with Asheville Taxi, please Click Here.
Groundlink Private Car Service – Conference attendees will receive a 15% discount on airport transfer fares when they Click Here and enter the Promo Code: MCEREBATE when booking online, using the mobile app, or calling 877-546-6903.
Please Note: In order to receive 15% off both portions of your Groundlink trip, guests will need to book each way separately.
Car Rental – To make your discounted car rental reservation, please click on the following links:
(please note: car rental company availability may differ based on airport/ destination)
- AVIS – Click Here and enter G028287 in the “AWD Number” box to receive the Group Discount.
- Budget – Click Here
- Enterprise – Click Here and enter XZB6145 to receive the MCE Conferences Group Discount.
- Hertz – Click Here and check the “Enter a Discount or Promo Code” and “I am a Corporate Customer” boxes. Enter 2086989 in the “Discount/CDP/Club Code” box to receive the Group Discount.
- National – Click Here and enter XZB6145 under Contract ID to receive Group Discount
Special Assistance – MCE’s policy is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special arrangements are necessary for an individual with a disability to attend a conference, please contact our office at 1-888-533-9031.
Please Note: MCE is not associated with the third party services listed herein and shall not be liable for any services of such third party providers.
Other Upcoming Conferences
What Are You Waiting For?
Register Early! In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference. Some conferences may have a lower registration limit due to the destination logistics and lodging availability.