Primary Care Update – Program Information Coming Soon!
Oct 04, 2024 – Oct 06, 2024
Maine - Samoset Resort On The Ocean
Overlooking the blue waters of Penobscot Bay, the Samoset Resort offers acres of oceanfront bliss ideal for your next Coastal Maine getaway. The Samoset Resort is a Historic & Luxurious Coastal Maine Resort that has been hosting unforgettable Maine vacations for generations, introducing guests to the beauty and serenity of Coastal Maine with genuine hospitality, inviting accommodations, and activities for every age and interest. The stunning midcoast of Maine “Where the Mountains Meet the Sea” is a true recreational and cultural paradise for those wanting to explore the best New England has to offer. Hiking, sailing, cross country and alpine skiing, international film festivals, national music performances and award-winning cuisine are only a few of the attractions offered in this classic vacation destination. Tee off on the Resorts 18-hole championship golf course, enjoy a day of fun with the whole family in the Ultimate Backyard, or explore the small towns and villages that give Mid-Coast Maine it’s timeless charm.
Past Attendees Save $50: Past MCE Conferences attendees (within the previous three years) automatically receive a $50 discount at checkout.
Bring a Friend or Colleague and Save $50: If you are attending with another healthcare professional you are eligible for a $50 discount.
Overview & Agenda
Topics & Objectives coming soon!
October 4, 2024
Bay Point Ballroom
Conference - Day 1
Continental Breakfast for Registered Attendees
Check-In Opens at 7:15 AM
October 5, 2024
Bay Point Ballroom
Conference - Day 2
Continental Breakfast for Registered Attendees
October 6, 2024
Bay Point Ballroom
Conference - Day 3
Continental Breakfast for Registered Attendees
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education – ACCME
MCE Conferences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
MCE Conferences designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABIM MOC Recognition
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 12 (part II) MOC pointsin the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
American Academy of Family Physicians – AAFP
This live activity is being reviewed and will be acceptable for up to 12 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to the AMA PRA Category 1 credit toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The College of Family Physicians of Canada – Mainpro-M1
The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) is the accrediting body for family medicine continuing medical education (CME) in the United States of America. CFPC members who complete any live CME/CPD program accredited by the AAFP for Prescribed credit can claim the equivalent number of Mainpro-M1 credits. Canadian
American Osteopathic Association – AOA
CME activities approved for AAFP credit are recognized by the AOA as equivalent to AOA Category 2 credit.
American Academy of Physician Assistants – AAPA
AAPA accepts Category 1 CME approval from the AAFP.
American Association of Nurse Practitioners – AANP
AAFP Prescribed Credits are accepted by the AANP.
American Nurses Credentialing Center – ANCC
According to the ANCC, the continuing education hours approved by the AAFP meet the ANCC-accredited CNE criteria.
This course is being reviewed and will be acceptable for up to 12 CE credits; please verify with your Medical Board which hours may be applied toward Pharmacology credit.
Lodging Reservations -To make your lodging reservation, please Click Here (LINK COMING SOON!). If you need assistance, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Room categories and bedding are based on availability at the time of request.
Accommodations and Amenities – The Samoset Resort’s inviting guest rooms offer the quintessential Maine lodging experience, complete with private balconies or terraces and a relaxed ambiance that reflects the serene coastal setting. Create the perfect soundtrack for your Maine vacation with the iHome radio, wake up to a fresh cup of coffee or tea from your own personal Keurig® or unwind after a day on the water with a show on your 50” flat screen television. From plush bath robes and bedding to wireless Internet access and in-room refrigerators, the refreshing guest rooms offer the perfect seaside getaway.
- Standard View & Garden View Guest Rooms – $259 Per Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) Bedding Types: one king, one queen, or two queen beds available with rooms from 363-418 Sq. Ft. + deck. These beautifully decorated guest rooms feature all of their standard amenities, as well as, a private balcony or terrace with views of their award-winning golf course, lush gardens and stone walls or the resort’s expansive outdoor pool. Note: Room categories are based on availability at the time request.
- Partial Ocean View Guest Room – $289 Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) Bedding Types: one king or two queen beds available with rooms from 363-418 Sq. Ft. + deck. Guests staying in their Partial Ocean View Rooms will enjoy inspiring views of Penobscot Bay or Rockland Harbor. This elegant Maine lodging also allows guests to enjoy their morning coffee on a private balcony or terrace while watching the sunlight dance across the water. Note: Room categories are based on availability at the time request.
- Ocean Front Guest Rooms – $339 Room Per Night (Plus Applicable Taxes and Fees) Bedding Types: One king or two queen beds available with rooms from 363-418 Sq. Ft. + deck. Guests staying in their Ocean Front Rooms will wake up to spectacular views of Penobscot Bay or Rockland Harbor. This elegant Maine lodging also allows guests to enjoy their morning coffee on a private balcony or terrace while watching the sunlight dance across the water. Note: Room categories are based on availability at the time request.
Additional Lodging Information – Rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes (currently 9%) in effect at the time of check-in.
Check-in/Check-out times: Check-in is at 4:00 PM and check-out is at 11:00 AM.
Additional Occupancy Fee: Rates are based on single or double occupancy. There is an additional charge of $30 per person, per night, for each additional guest over the age of 18 staying in the room.
Pet Policy: Samoset Resort welcomes well-mannered dogs 30 lbs. or less. Guests bringing dogs will be charged $75 per night, per dog; maximum of two dogs per room. Their dog-friendly rooms are restricted to ground-level rooms only. Their higher floors and their timeshare units do not allow dogs. Further room type and location restrictions may apply. Guests will be responsible for any property damage inadvertently caused by their dogs. Certified service dogs that provide assistance to individuals with disabilities are welcome at the hotel and are not subject to the policies and restrictions described above. Subject to change based on hotel’s discretion.
Resort Charge and Amenities – Rates are subject to a discounted $35 taxable resort fee, per room, per night (discounted for MCE Conference attendees booked within the group block).
The Resort fee includes access to unlimited local and toll free calls, in room coffee, wireless internet in guest rooms and public space, access to the business center, outdoor zero entry pool, hot tub and fire pit, outdoor recreation including tennis courts, shuffleboard, basketball court, pickleball, disc golf, volleyball court, croquet, shuffleboards, and playground, concierge service, children’s activities, and access to our state of the art full service fitness center including indoor pool, hot tub, locker rooms, steam saunas, strength room, fitness room, and cardio theater.
The Resort also includes access to their 18-Hole Championship Golf Course – ranked among the best in Maine, Golf Complex with clubhouse, Pro Shop, golf range, practice green, short game facility with bunkers, and restaurant. Samoset Scoring School offers private and group golf instruction with PGA professionals.
Resort amenity inclusions subject to change, based on hotel’s discretion.
Hotel Parking – Self-parking or Valet: Complimentary for overnight guests and those local meeting attendees driving in each day
Lodging Deposit – All reservations must be guaranteed by a major credit card or a first night’s room deposit, plus tax. All Reservations that are not cancelled seven (7) days prior to the arrival date will be charged as a no show to the individual’s credit card on file.
Lodging Cancellations – Terms and conditions as per MCE’s room allotment agreement with conference lodging venue:
- Cancellation made 31 days or more prior to arrival: A full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation 30 days or less prior to arrival: No refunds will be issued.
- No-shows and early departures are considered a cancellation: No refunds will be issued.
All lodging cancellations must be made directly with the lodging venue. Please refer to your lodging confirmation for contact information and policies.
Register & Book Your Lodging Early! The MCE reduced room rates will be available to registered attendees up until July 27, 2024 (based on availability). Our allotment for reduced room rates may sell out before this date. We urge you to secure your lodging reservation as early as possible. Reduced rates will also be offered 3 nights pre and post program dates (based on availability).
Room Reservation Guidelines – The lodging reservation link has been created for the MCE Conference continuing medical education program, and only guests that are registered for this CME conference are eligible to use this site in order to access discounted rooms and/or theme park tickets (if applicable).
- Attendees must register within (7) seven days of booking MCE discounted lodging to avoid cancellations or increased nightly rates (depending on Hotel/Resort policy).
- We allow a maximum of 2 room reservations per registered attendee, based on availability and rates at the time of booking.
- Rooms and/or tickets (if applicable) cannot be purchased for the purpose of, or with the intention of being resold.
- All reservations must be made under the registered attendee’s’ name, as all reservations and ticket orders (if applicable) will be audited against the CME program registration list. Should it be necessary, we reserve the right to contact you to request proof of registration. If it is discovered that the reservation and/or ticket order is not for an MCE Conferences participant, the reservations and/or ticket order may be cancelled or modified based on the Hotel/Resort policy, and deposits may not be eligible for a refund.
Please note: In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference.
Additional Travel Information
Airport Information – The Boston Logan International Airport is 184 mi away from the Samoset Resort. The Portland International Jetport is 84 mi away from the Samoset Resort. The Bangor International Airport is 66 mi away from the Samoset Resort.
Car Rental – To make your discounted car rental reservation, please click on the following links (please note: car rental company availability may differ based on airport/ destination)
- AVIS – Click Here and enter G028287 in the “AWD Number” box to receive the Group Discount.
- Budget – Click Here
- Enterprise – Click Here and enter XZB6145 to receive the Group Discount.
- Hertz – Click Here and check the “Enter a Discount or Promo Code” and “I am a Corporate Customer” boxes. Enter 2086989 in the “Discount/CDP/Club Code” box to receive the Group Discount.
- National – Click Here and enter XZB6145 under Contract ID to receive Group Discount.
This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
Special Assistance – MCE’s policy is to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special arrangements are necessary for an individual with a disability to attend a conference, please contact our office at 1-888-533-9031.
Please Note: MCE is not associated with the third party services listed herein and shall not be liable for any services of such third party providers.
Other Upcoming Conferences
What Are You Waiting For?
Register Early! In order to provide a quality and interactive CME program, MCE Conferences will limit the amount of registrations per conference. Some conferences may have a lower registration limit due to the destination logistics and lodging availability.